HISTORY OF THE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH IN WINCHESTER, ONTARIO
Presbyterians in the Winchester area began holding services in a log school house and later in a barn erected by John Christie, one of the early pioneers. The first organized Presbyterian service of worship was held in 1857. A wood frame building was started in 1858 and completed in 1860. It was painted white and was known as “The White Church”. It is now the Wesleyan Church. The mission was recognized as a congregation in1864.
“The White Church” was sold in 1894 and while the new church was being built the congregation worshipped in the Baptist Church. St. Paul’s Presbyterian Church was dedicated on June 2nd, 1895.