We extend an open invitation for anyone to join us for our Sunday morning service, 10:00 am, or to participate in any of our other programs listed in our schedule of events.
Please enter through the East door off Louise Street beside the wheelchair ramp. Be comfortable – Come Casual!
All are invited to enjoy social time after the service.
Please contact our minister, Rev. Bruce W. Kemp, 613-267-0928, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ordination of New Elders: January 27, 2019
New and returning elders have been received as part of our worship on Sunday, January 27th. St. Paul’s Session is pleased to announce that Donna Wilson has agreed to become an active elder once more. We are also pleased to announce Patrick Jeaurond and Jennifer Feeny have accepted the call to be elders. Welcome to the team Jennifer, Patrick and Donna!
“On Sunday, January 21, 2018 St. Paul’s Presbyterian Church, Winchester hosted a special celebration to commemorate Robbie Burns Day. The service was followed by a traditional luncheon which included Haggis – a special Scottish dish. Special guests, Piper Jack Yourt led the processional and Jim Duck performed the address and led the toast to the Haggis.
Many were proud to wear their Tartans to the Celebration!
Back Row: Janet Clapp, Wayne Burns, Jorris Zubatuk, Rev. Bruce Kemp, Addresser of the Haggis-Jim Duck, Piper-Jack Yourt, Tom Douglas, Phyllis MacMaster, Allan Fraser, Tom Clapp
Front Row: Ann Langabeer, Phyllis Workman, Ruth Pollock, Lilas Lancaster, Ruth Fraser-Douglas, Carol Zubatuk
From left to right:
Presenting the Haggis – Tommy Douglas, Piper-Jack Yourt, Reverend Bruce Kemp, Jim Duck performed the address and Toast to the Haggis, Sword Bearer – Allan Fraser
On June 4th, 2017 our sister churches from St. Andrew’s Chesterville and Morewood Presbyterian joined to celebrate St. Paul’s 160th Anniversary Service. Bruce spoke on the importance of Bible translation.
Following the service an old fashioned picnic was enjoyed by all followed by games for the young and young at heart.
Dundas County was settled by immigrants from the British Isles and United Empire Loyalists around 1780 and 50 years later many moved to the area now known as Winchester
In 1857 Presbyterians began holding services in a log school house and later in a barn erected by John Christie, one of the early pioneers
1857 – First organized service of worship
1858 – A wood frame building was started and completed in 1860 on the site donated by John Christie located on the north east corner of his farm. He was the architect and builder. It was known as ” The White Church”. It is now the “Southgate” previously known as the Wesleyan Church.
1864 – The mission was recognized as a congregation.
1894 – “The White Church” was sold. While the new church was built the congregation worshipped in the Baptist Church. St. Paul’s Church was dedicated on June 2nd, 1895.
Total cost of the church was $16,000 of which $12,414 was provided for in subscriptions and cash on hand.